A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) is the equivalent of a charitable savings account that will help you simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving. One DAF can allow you to distribute gifts to numerous ministries over time.
Benefits of a Donor-Advised Fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax- and cost-efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an immediate tax deduction while distributing funds to ministry over time
How a Donor-Advised Fund Works
To start a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF), you make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or an appreciated asset to the Christian Network Foundation. The assets in your DAF will grow tax-free, and you can continue to contribute money to it as often as you desire. Whenever you see a ministry need that you would like to support, you simply make a recommendation to us and we'll distribute the money on your behalf. We handle writing the checks and all of the paperwork, so all of your giving can come from one simple place.
Did You Know?
- Donor-Advised Funds have no distribution requirements and are not subject to the same taxes as a private foundation
- Your money is invested and will grow tax-free, so you can give even more to ministry than you originally deposited
- When you pass away, you can make your children successor advisors, and they can continue to make gifts from your giving fund
- You can give gifts of cash, stock, real estate, or any appreciated assets