Charitable Gift Annuities
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a great choice for your retirement years because it provides you with secure, guaranteed income for the rest of your life, can be created jointly or for a single life, and helps fund the future of ministry through a significant gift.
Benefits of a CGA
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free until you reach a certain age
- Avoid the fluctuations of the stock market or disappointing interest rates
How a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) Works
A CGA is created with a one-time gift ($5,000 or more) and can be funded with cash or an appreciated asset like stock or real estate. In return, you'll receive guaranteed annuity payments based off a percentage of that gift. Your CGA can be written for one life or two, so you can provide for a spouse or loved one as well. At the end of your life, the full remaining value of the CGA will be distributed to the ministry you have designated.
Types of Gift Annuities
- Current CGA - With a current gift annuity, you may transfer cash or property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments beginning as early as this year. You will receive an income tax charitable deduction this year for the value of your gift.
- Deferred CGA - With a deferred gift annuity, you establish the gift annuity today, receive a charitable income tax deduction this year, but defer the payments until a designated date sometime in the future. Because of the deferred payments, your annual payment will be higher when the payments start than they would have been with a current gift annuity.
- Flexible Deferred CGA - With a flexible deferred gift annuity, you retain the flexibility to decide when the annuity will begin making payments. As with a deferred gift annuity, you establish the annuity today and receive a charitable deduction this year, but the payments are deferred until such time as you elect to begin receiving the payments.
Charitable Gift Annuity Rates for a Single Life*
|% Rate of Annual Income
*These are sample rates that are subject to change.